After taking a (very extensive and much needed) hiatus I’m finally back on my beloved blog. Work has been crazy (I’m currently working a fullt-ime job which leaves almost no room for booktalk, unfortunately) and I haven’t been reading much lately.
BUT I missed writing about books and talking about them so it was time I got back to my blog and got to writing.
And here it goes:
I was tagged by the lovely Melissa from Melissa’s Book World. She knows who obsessed I am with the Pokémon Go app. I have been playing it since the day it was released and am currently working my way through level 20 (almost at level 21 😀 Yay)
Being tagged for a tag like this is amazing! I was a huge fan of the Pokémon series
although I only watched the first two series because the newer pokémons freaked me out and I lost interest and collected cards like a madman.
Oh! and also, I shouldn’t forget to mention the creator of this Book Tag; Read At Midnight since I’ll be using most of her images in this tag. If you have a few minutes to spare, please check out her blog 🙂
Okay. So… for the book tag. Let’s get started, shall we?
I’ve always liked to read but the book that really made me love to read was a book that I’ve had since I was a little girl.
De Rode Prinses / The Red Princess.
It’s a Dutch children’s book that I’ve talked about before on my blog. It’s truly a masterpiece and I still love to read it. Even when I’m 24-years-old. I don’t know if it’s been translated to English but I surely hope it has because it’s amazing and I would hate for you guys to miss out on this one.
I have to admit something…. I haven’t read that many Classics *whoops* BUT those I have read are very dear to me. There’s one that I’ll always keep close to my heart and will love for ever and ever.
The Kite Runner.
I had to read this book in college and at first I was a little hesitant about it. I wasn’t familiar with books set in different cultures and countries. It just didn’t appeal to me but boy am I happy that I got to read this amazing piece of epicness. It’s the first book I read that was set in a completely different culture and I absolutely loved to learn about the way of life in a Mid-Eastern country. Even though the book takes place in the middle of a war, it was great reading about new customs and teachings. The story, too, has taught me so much about life and what’s truly important.
I’d recommend this book to everyone.
This one is hard because I usually end up going with the hype. I’ve read TFIOS, I finished ATBP in one sitting, I read all the Selection books and even sat through all The Maze Runner books. I completed The Hunger Games, own basically every Shadowhunter book available and am proud Potterhead.
Oh! And I’ve read Twilight until somewhere in the middle of part four where it became too much and I quit.
BUT, believe it or not… I have yet to read Percy Jackson. I own the books but I have never read them.
I’m on the same page as Melissa here.
The Covenant Series.
These books are pretty similar to Vampire Academy. The Covenant Series is about a young female who ran away from school with her mother but is forced to return after her mother gets killed by a Daimon. At school she has to be trained by an older Covenant who has to help her get back on track after missing out for so long. Of course, they fall in love.
Sounds familiar, right?
Vampire Academy was exactly like that only VA didn’t have any Greek mythology thrown into the mix.
I still love both book series, though.
Are you kidding me? Gimme all the giant books 😀 Seriously, the bigger they get the better it is. Especially when it’s part of a series. I mean.. The Beauty of Darkness was 600+ pages long and I still couldn’t get enough. And if you think Queen of Shadows was huge than prepare yourselves for Empire of Storms because it’ll be even bigger *let’s get this party started*
As in… kept me up reading? Or scared the begeezus out of me and kept me up all night, hallucinating dark spirits in my room and freaking me out? I’ve dealt with both :p
The first option brings me to:
If I Stay.
I stayed up all night just to finish this book. I also cried the whole way through it but that’s beside the point. Thing is, I had to work the next day and when I finished this book it was three in the morning and it completely drove away any sense of sleep I had. I could NOT stop thinking about what happened in the book.
I was exhausted when I came home from work xD
Under The Never Sky.
From the first page one I was completely obsessed with this series. I just could not let go of that world so I was up all night reading about it and its characters.
I have no regrets.
The second options brings me to:
The Retribution of Mara Dyer.
This is one of the creepiest books that I have ever read. It was bloody, it was dark and overal creepy. It didn’t really give me nightmares but it keep me up all night thinking about stuff that happened within the book and whether they could be real or not. So yeah… I spent a whole night thinking about ghosts and dark and light powers and… I should stop there.
Ha… Ha HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Well… do you have a
year minute? Let me introduce you to all my OTP s.
*In random order*
- Will & Tessa from The Infernal Devices
- Alec & Magnus from The Mortan Instruments
- Feyre & Rhys from A Court Of Thorns and Roses
- Chaol & Celaena from Throne of Glass
- Daemon & Katy from Lux
- Shahrzad & Khalid from The Wrath and The Dawn
- Rose & Dimitri from Vampire Academy
- Jace & Clary from The Mortal Instruments
- Dorian & Manon from Throne of Glass
- Bellamy & Clarke from The 100
- Zayne & Layla from The Dark Elements
- Kaden & Lia from The Remnant Chronicles
- and a whole bunch more but these are the biggest ships I have at the moment.
That is definitely Lux by Jennifer L Armentrout.
The Lux Series.
I think I spent about a week to finish the whole lot. The second I began the first book, I was drowning in the world that was Daemon and Katy and I don’t think I ever took the time for a breather. I jumped from book to book and didn’t get off until I finished the last one.
There are SOOOOOO MANY books that I would like to have a spin-off of;
- Vampire Academy (already has the Bloodlines series as a spin-off, which I didn’t like much, but I’m really looking forward to that anniversary edition *jumps up and down in excitement*)
- The Wrath and The Dawn. I seriously can NOT get enough of this series. Too bad it was only a duology. I loved the short stories but my heart still craves more. So a spin-off would be amazing.
- Harry Potter. I know that JK Rowling said that there’ll be three more books and I know we’re getting a movie and there’s a musical out there, and yes that’s all very great but we still don’t have what I most desire :(. What everyone, I think, most desires. I mean… where’s the series about The Marauders? I want to read about James, Sirius, Remus and Peter being boys and about the creation of the Marauder’s Map. I want to read about it all.
And can I just add that I love Cassie for writing so much about Shadowhunters but please stop…. I was happy to learn that there would be three more Shadowhunters series apart from TID and TMI but please stop with the Magnus Bane stuff. It’s enough now. She should really pull the plug on the new Magnus Bane series before the well dries and we all stop caring about a character who’s loved by the entire fandom because there’s too much of him.
There are some books around that surprised me with their awesomeness. For example:
Throne Of Glass.
When I first started this book I came to really dislike it. It didn’t pull me in. The book was dreadfully slow and I wasn’t familiar with the Fantasy styled writing and extensive world building. So I lost interest but according to a few people on the internet I should stick with it and it would get better soon. I followed their advice and Holy Crackers!! I was blown away with it. It currently is one of my top favorite series. I’m very thankfull to the people who told me to keep reading. I have fallen in love with Throne of Glass and I can barely wait for Empire of Storms WHICH WILL BE RELEASED IN JUST A COUPLE OF DAYS HOLY SHITBALLS!!!!
I’ve seen this particular bookseries come up a lot on Tumblr and a few weeks ago an author whom I talked to via Twitter recommended them to me, so I’m really curious to these books.
The Captive Prince Series.
It’s about a young prince, Damen, who is adored by his people but after a mutiny done by his half-brother, Damen is captured and shipped of as a slave to enemy territory where he becomes the pleasure slave of prince Laurent. But when things become difficult in court and Laurent finds himself in a pinch, Damen is the only one who can help him.
There’s one problem, though. Damen can never reveal his true name or identity. If that happens, all is over.
There’s a few Collector’s Editions that I wished I had the money for;
Harry Potter, leatherbound including all seven Horcurxes.
The Lord of The Rings, The Hobbit + The Silmarillion.
It’s a retelling of my favorite fairytale; Peter Pan ❤
So obviously, I’m very excited for it 😀
I’m pretty sure I’m an open book when it comes to this one;
- Cassandra Clare. Except for when she co-writes something. The Iron Trial was horrible, so I won’t be buying any sequels to that.
- Sara Raasch. Her writing is, and will always be, friggin epic.
- Renee Ahdieh. She’s currently working on a new series set in Japan and apparently it’ll be based upon the tale of Mulan. HOW AWESOME IS THAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
- Sarah J Maas. Everything she touches turns to gold. I mean.. have you read ACOMAF? Holy HELL!!
I have a serious problem with in-between waiting when it comes to series. Waiting is so not my thing. I despise hiatus (looking at you Sherlock *curses*) and just want to live underneath a rock until the next book releases or the TV shows return to TV.
These are books that I’ve been waiting
dying over for;
- Empire of Storms. I don’t know what to do with myself. My bae is paralyzed and on his way to a healer. My other baby is currently king of Adarlan and coming to terms with Magic and that he’s been possessed by an evil Prince… it’s just… I NEED TO KNOW HOW THEY ARE OKAY *sobs*
- King’s Cage. It’s the third installment of the Red Queen series. The last book ended in quite the cliffhanger which I’m not ready to talk about without having some major feels. It’s maddening.
- Frost Like Night. WHICH WILL BE RELEASED NEXT MONTH AND I might be dying a little *teehee*
- A Court of……….. It’s the third (and final *sobs*) book in the ACOTAR series. ACOMAF ended on such a badass note so I’m really looking forward to the next book.
- The Last Hours #1. This book…. this is going to be the one that I have to HAVE my hands on the second it’s released. It’s centered around James Herondale who is my fave Herondale of them all. Will and Jace are awesome but James… James is just too cute and adorable. And it’s a new Shadowhunters series so yeah… I’m bound to be a little obsessed.
- The Dark Artifices #2. Lady Midnight was friggin amazing so part two is bounds to amaze me even more. Just like the previous two series did, Cassandra’s books get better the further the series gets.
- That new book Renee Ahdieh is writing. I only know that it’s set in Japan and could be a retelling of Mulan and just that vague description already makes me crave this book.
I tag the following people:
Good luck 😉